We arrived on Monday, August 27th at about 7PM after Jana was talked into going in (to UVRMC).
In the first hour of observation sufficient progress was made to be checked in at 8:15. By 1:00 AM the doctor broke the water...
...at 1:33 AM Kaylee TBD Lindsay was born. She passed the screaming lung test...
...and was given to Jana. Kaylee quieted right down when she was next to Jana. Special moment! She is 7lbs 9 ozs, 19.5 inches long.
Perfect little baby girl! We were moved down to a recovery room. Kaylee was bathed and given her shots, then brought to Jana. She slept with Jana while I went home (5AM) to get ready to care for the kids that morning.
After getting the others off to school, Bryson and I went over to make a visit. Brady was so excited to see both Jana and Kaylee!
Precious little girl!
Brady and I went back to pick up Ryan from school to go sailing witht he scouts, but he would have nothing with that, he said, "I want to go see my new little sister!" So we picked up Lisa and I checked out McKay and Bryson from school to go over and see everyone. I called Tyler to meet us there.
Lisa was of course the first to go right after Kaylee...
She loved holding her new little sister...
...finally, a sister!
Everyone wanted their turn to hold Kaylee!
Lisa was very touched by her new sister and the reality that she now, finally had her sister.
Happy, eternal family...angel boy is above in the middle :)
Everyone had their turns holding Kaylee. They were filled with smiles...
...and hugs...
...more smiles...
Proud papa!
...couldn't get enough of those squeezy toes, 'so tiny.'
We couldn't help but just bunch up all around her...
...to see our new addition.
...amidst it all, I was most touched by the new relationship beginning between two loving sisters who had a lifetime ahead of memories and love.
We're walking on clouds! Jana and Kaylee come home tomorrow!











Wonderful to see the family together and all the joy. We can feel it even here so far away. Sure love you all. What a happy, eternal family. What a blessing Kaylee is and what a blessing she has received to come to all of you!
ReplyDeleteMom and Dad